There are several home remedies for genital infections which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular home remedies for genital infections are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for genital infections is to take bath every day and to keep your genitals clean by washing them with soap on regular basis. This will lessen the chance of getting infected.
2. Sap of milkweed plant can also be used to treat genital infections. But remember it is very strong and should not be applied directly on the skin. Therefore dilute it with some lotion and then apply over the affected area.
3. Try not to expose your genitals to sweat and heat for prolonged period. Tight undergarments may cause excessive sweating in the genital region. Therefore it is better to wear clean and loose clothes and undergarments.
4. Use of garlic and vitamin E oil is one of the most efficient home remedies for genital infections. All you need to do is take some vitamin E oil and then apply it on the affected area. Now crush some garlic cloves and apply them over the same area. Cover this area by adhesive tape. Repeat this procedure twice in a week to benefit from it.
5. Liquorice root is also equally beneficial in treating this infection. It is very effective against vaginal yeast infection. It is known to have glycyrrhetinic acid which is a chemical that fights against harmful viruses and bacteria.
6. Yoghurt can also be used to cure genital infections caused by yeast. It is very effective in treating vaginal infection. All you need to do is apply yoghurt on the affected area.
7. Coconut oil and cinnamon oil are very effective against genital infections caused by yeast. These oils are known to have anti-fungal properties. Apply any one of these oils on the infected area two to three times a day.
8. In case of genital warts you can try using apple cider vinegar. All you need to do is take a cotton ball and dip it in apple cider vinegar. Now apply this cotton ball over the affected area and secure it with an adhesive tape. You can even use banana peel to cure the warts. Just before going to bed clean the affected area by soap and warm water. Make it dry and apply banana peel on it and stick a tape over it. Leave it there for a whole night. Repeat this process every day until the warts are completely gone.
9. Juice of onion is also effective in treating genital warts. It is known to have anti-microbial content. All you need to do is extract its juice and then soak a cotton ball in this juice. Apply this cotton ball on the infected area.
These were some of the effective home remedies for genital infections which are simple to follow and safe to use.