1. Measure your room and write down the length and width of the area. Go towards hardware store like Lowe's or Residence Depot and rent a excellent knee kicker. You'll also must invest in ample tackless strips to cover the diameter of one's space. When you opt for to make use of double sided tape to safeguarded your rug, you'll still need to have sufficient to go close to the whole space.
2. The floor should be smooth, dry, clean and firm, secure loose boards having a hammer. Check for any protruding nails, if any hammer them flush with all the floor.
3. Eliminate any remaining remains of old carpet or padding. If the floor is uneven lay plywood or particle wood to give it a smooth base.
4. Vacuum thoroughly to get rid of dust and grit just before putting down any floor covering.
Lay your padding
1. Lay the carpet roughly in position just before fitting the padding. Roll half the carpet back; lay half the padding at a time
2. Safe tackless strips (girders) in a continuous line around the edges in the space. The girders needs to be 1/4 inch away from your wall. Angle the pins toward the wall.
3. Nail the tackless strips onto wood floors. Should you pick not to utilize tackless strips you could apply a double sided tape, it won't present as protected a hold as the strip but it's going to do the job adequately.
4. Anchor the padding two inches from your baseboard. Secure the padding to a wooden floor with rustproof stables.
Laying your carpet
1. Position the carpet so about 1/2 inch of material turns up against two adjoining walls.
2. Hook the carpet on the tackless strips or tack it down on a person side
3. Stretch the carpet across the space. Use a knee kicker, use the muscle just above your knee to operate the tool. Hook the carpet onto the tackless strips in a single corner to ensure that it truly is secured for a single foot together the wall on every side on the corner. Attach the carpet to the tackles strips at an adjacent corner. Then attach it firmly along the wall in between the very first and second corners
4. Smooth the carpet over the corner diagonally opposite the second corner. Secure it to the tackless strip along the wall connecting it inside very first corner.
5. Kneel for the carpet, along with your back for the completed side. Your knee kicker ought to be in location about the floor, grip the handle and press the teeth within the knee kicker in to the carpet. Knock the padded end forward along with your knee. Continue this course of action until you reach the wall facing you. Hook the carpet into the tackless strip.
6. Repeat this along a person edge and then do the exact same for the last unattached edge. Trim the excess carpet to about 1 inch and push it below the baseboard. You might use a putty knife to insert the carpet under the baseboard.